Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2021, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi!! It seems like you are really close, I wish you all the best! I was wondering whether you are able to share what the essay test entailed and how should I prepare for it? Also, do you know whether they look out for a specific background? I come from a non social science background (UK uni, engineering) but the role I applied for is related to strategic defence planning and a bit of ops. If you don’t mind sharing, what’s your background? (Local or overseas uni, major) thanks in advance!
Haha, thanks! Not sure if I can share what my test entailed, but basically, be prepared to answer an essay question that is related to the job scope you're applying for. For example, if you're applying for sustainability-related offices in MINDEF, you might get a question that tests your understanding of the local sustainability scene and how MINDEF or the government can help the public be more aware of these issues.

As for your second question, no, I don't think they look for specific backgrounds per se. What matters more is your ability to perform in your written test and, in the later rounds, the interviews, where you will be grilled quite hard (they rank among the toughest interviews I've been to thus far). Of course, having the right background helps because you would have been exposed to certain concepts and happenings during your term of study, but I'd think your interview preparation and performance matters a lot more.

I'm from a local U, and major in a humanities discipline Hope this helps!