Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2021, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That is irrelevant already. The fact that you left to a SME and learnt nothing there to continue your career there means its a problem with you, not whatever you have learnt or not learnt back at ST.

But sure you can keep blaming ST for your own incompetence if it helps you to sleep soundly at night.
I am the poster of post 2147
Let's just be more realistic with the calibre of ST employees in general. I think the laid back culture in ST affect their performance in the real world when they leave.
Last time I had to work with a few ex ST employees and I was amazed that they were as fresh as newly graduated from school even though they had about 2 years experience. No doubt they were trying to fit in but the lack of knowledge was quite bad. Cannot understand drawings, 8D, test reports, they also seem to have problems in communication as can see from how they do MRB. They do their own in their own world and had to be taught how to identify stakeholders and be reminded again and again to SHARE + ALIGN information with project stakeholders including those overseas ones.

Also I don't like the idea of 'wayang' like doing for show only. They think only do for show and forget about it after that. 8D reports or project deliverables have a deadline otherwise we will be penalized but they seem to not understand this. During meetings also in a daze. They thought do only for show. During customer audit they anyhow wayang thinking won't get NC. And when we got NC, they also don't seem to understand we need to close within a certain period. Always talk about covering own ass don't be smart alec, wait for someone to do the job, innovate an idea etc. The worst part is that they keep thinking they will be promoted on rotational basis and some promotion exercise will promote them to senior engineer if they stay long enough without work because they have a degree. Then when some diploma holder or foreigner got promoted, they complain company don't appreciate them.

But of course there were good ones la. except the others really need to wake up from their idea. So not really surprising that they have problem integrating and end up have to go back to eat U turn grass.