Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2021, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, I completely understand! There might be a barrier to understanding what students under the MOE system go through in their education.

Thank you so much for the offer! I'd definitely take you up on this. I created a throwaway email address: [email protected]. I'd really appreciate if you could refer me to a colleague so I can gain better understanding on a career as a teacher 😊 it's great to know EL teachers are in demand!
I’m a former EL teacher. I would strongly encourage you to join another sector, other than law there are many other places which you could consider. Please think very carefully before making this jump. Teaching is more than the act of teaching itself. If you talk to young EL teachers, those who had done well in uni and had other better options and somehow chose to join teaching, if you are close enough to them, you may get a better understanding of the full picture - beyond the job role (ie dealing with non job factors that are much more crucial in career progression. I can’t say much, but just think about the typical mindset of a principal, that’s a good hint.