Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2021, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does Honour class play a part in CEP? Always had an impression it only affects starting pay.

Joined in 2015, 2nd lower but with NS, got GEO4 this year. Part of the school's internal COVID task force for HBL, social distancing etc since 2020. Also part of school NE committee. So I am involved when it comes to NDP concert, civil defence day, that sort of stuff.. Gotten C, B, B for the past 3 years.

My colleague, non scholar, female, but 1st class, joined in 2016, got GEO4 last year. She claimed she had B only once and it was not recent and gotten C- last year. In fact, she doesn't even have any committee assignments last year, so even she herself was surprised about the promotion.

Feeling about salty about it, considering I served NS. I am wondering if it's because of the difference in Honours that had an impact on her promotion time frame and CEP or she's just a lucky chap?
Wah you think u done NS very big? Newsflash, you already started with a few hundred dollars more with your NS accounted for, now you still want NS to be a reason to accelerate your promotion?

Talk about being entitled.

And please, if by now you still dont know class of HONOURs plays a part in career progression by now and nothing you would ever do at work can accelerate your promotion, all i can say to you is you deserve to be lowballed for the rest of your life as a teacher. Too late to escape now lol.