Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2021, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Default A treatise on ceca and perceived racism

All this talk of racism bores the pants of me. Are we racists? Or are trying to butter up to the amdk's definition of racism?
These amdks were the biggest racists. Those of you who still have grandparents, granduncles or whoever who was living when the British were our masters, ask them how the Brits treated Asians?
But today they are the biggest hypocrites condemning others and trying to teach others about race relations, tolerance, equal opportunity, human rights etc etc.

Of course as in every country, a degree of racism has always existed even in Singapore. I'm from a minority group, so I would perhaps know a bit better. But the kind of racism I endured was very mild, a bit of subtle racism, more a preference.
But at the end of the day, no one denied my opportunities or rights based solely on my skin colour. Ability was always the dominant consideration or the need for someone specific.
Eg: You run a company, you'd be daft to hire only all Chinese, or even employ too many Indians and Malays depending on your size. What happens during festivals? Then those who want to go on leave? Then your clientele, your products?
Take hawker food, nothing to do with race, but you have an Indian selling cheng tng, chwee kueh, you think will be successful? Or you get Chinese selling nasi padang? Not say don't have, but very rare, and maybe only 1 or 2 success stories,

We may utter racist remarks from time to time, but are we racists? Feck man, if a Black player misses an open goal on game I've a huge bet, I'd curse his whole ancestry. But would I treat him any different in real life? What we are lashing out is not racism. It's nationalism. If the migrants from yesteryear could come here and assimilate. Heck if you're old enough you'd met some people from way back then from China or India, couldn't speak a word of English. But slowly slowly they tried to blend, taking up Malay which is easier and then some English.

But now we see a group of people, who make no such effort. And not just 1 group, although they are the worst but others too. Pinoys for example. So when the Indian Singaporean cursed bloody Indians at the imports, was he being racist? No, he was just expressing his disgust at a group of people who don't care about others, who bring their bias, who seek to impose. In fact I can even remember some older Japanese, those who had connections with Imperial Japan, they also looked down on other Asians as inferior. Fortunately over time, a new generation of Japanese have rid themselves of this mentality.

Unfortunately some 'self perceived superior set of elites' have been too brainwashed by Western standards that they want to impose those standards here. Ask them to go live in the West, see how 'wonderful' and accommodating these Western cultures are. They'll talk a good game and lecture the world, but practise something entirely different.

We got to stop all these pandering and develop our own standards. But 1 thing some White supremacists have noted is not wrong, there is this great replacement going on. But of course they only look at their countries, but right here in tiny Singapore, it is flourishing. Just think, in 1997, our population was just over 2 million. In 30 short years, by 2030, it's gonna be more than tripled, if this is not a great replacement, I dunno what is.

Personally, Pritam Singh/Jamus makes a better PM/deputy PM combo than any of the PAP contenders we have at the moment.