Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorman View Post
While I agree with you that UOL grads have unrealistic expectations about working in the world's top banks after they graduate, I don't believe they are below average academically unless you're willing to admit that based on your own benchmark, RMIT grads are also below average academically?
While it’s not a happy thing to say, but yes, I do believe that compared to the local universities, RMIT students and graduates are indeed below them academically. Same for UOL.

Quote:
Majority of UOL students are either from poly or from JC whose 'A' levels did not fare well enough to gain entry. That being said, I think we all deserve a second-chance and the exams of UOL are by no means a walk in the park even though it's a DL degree. there's still substantial effort required in order to get good honours.
You about admit as much, generally people opt for UOL (or RMIT for that matter) due to inadequate academic scores to qualify for the 3 local uni. Sure, of course we put in effort & deserve a second chance, but that does not change the fact as a group, we are below the local grads both academically and market value wise.

Quote:
My point about the internships was to highlight what you've said which is almost every undergrad from good unis are doing internships, so UOL students should not be slacking as they are already academically far behind the local uni peers. Besides, it would be good exposure to mix around with the good uni students and pick up essential skills from your superiors during internships.
Agreed.