Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 13-05-2021, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey, so you just like the rest of us Drs lah. Realize the money not so good in medicine. But study so many years liao. Already work quite established. Money also is not bad just not great or good enough. So how? Find that very hard to convince self to quit medicine and start new career right? So just resigned to complaining. You are not alone. Part of me sometimes wish they cut salary of drs become so low that it makes sense to quit medicine. Govt very clever keep it at a certain level where it is not bad can still survive quite ok. If cut to like $1500 a month it will free many drs to justify quiting medicine and do something else!Young that time dunno how to assess properly what to study and what career to take.
You describe my feelings perfectly. It's like a huge sunk cost... It's good to know what I am not the only one feeling this way. Can't really talk about this to my colleagues since most of them are super gungho.

Any plans on how to advance beyond this ceiling? Climb hospital administrator route? Cosmetics?