Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
thank you for this detailed response! ☺️

work-life balance in law is absolutely terrible, i知 prepared to leave the office past midnight as a trainee. but it seems like teaching definitely has a degree of this as well. i値l keep that in mind!

i definitely will complete my legal training and try my best to stick it out, but i honestly do not think it痴 going to be feasible for me to sleep 3 hours a day till i知 thirty. and thank you for that suggestion, too! i値l apply for relief teaching during my school breaks. this is something that worries me as well, i came from an international school and did ib instead of going down the mainstream education path. i知 quite afraid this might disadvantage me, but i do think EL skills are transferable, no matter the curriculum.

thank you, again!
Yes the language skills are transferable. What could be challenging is build strong teacher-student relationships and understanding the background of students dissimilar to the teacher. While you should be getting more sleep as a teacher, remember that working hours start earlier but don't necessarily end earlier. On CCA days, not unimaginable for a teacher to be in school for 12 hours (6am-6pm) with just a few breaks in between to catch a breather. To be honest, time-for-money wise, the lawyer route probably makes more sense given that you're already halfway there.