Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You guys are really missing the point...

15k/month for a junior B4 salaried partner here doesn't seem high when you're talking about MC/WS salaries, but they're more than happy with it because the goal for a local salaried partner is equity partnership. I know many B4 corporate partners who are more than good enough to immediately jump to offshore firms and triple their salaries, but they know that due to many factors their chances of making equity partnership if they do so become basically non-existent. They will stay because eventually, if they make EP, their salary will beat anything you can make in MC/WS bar EP there.

Of course, the above only applies for corporate teams. For litigation, they have no exit options, but the point remains that equity partnership is the goal. Remember when a local B4 liti HOD's salary was mentioned in parliament - it was in the millions annually.
Come join me at Fervent Chamber. I Clarence Lun will pay you higher than JP salary in Big 4 and have better work life balance. An offer not to be missed!