Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am the MNC PJM.
Yes I am also very surprised that ST PJMs don't even have the basic knowledge to get their job done. What I just mentioned like avoiding patent infringement, alignment of global standards with customers and project team, supporting other functions like audits are just very basic common knowledge of PJMs.

I can share some more examples without the sensitive info that I have dealt with as a PJM if interested.
Thank you for your insightful posting. I'm actually doing project management on a SME for medical industry. I have a question maybe you can advise a little.

I was allocated a project by the boss to create a part for installation into a bigger medical equipment (A foreign MNC) The problem is that the project went into tool manufacture because the engineering assumed customer will award us and then customer pulled out claiming because we failed their audit. We already spent some money on tooling to trial some parts but the customer refused to pay for the tooling. They claimed we did not ask them for permission to open the tooling fabrication. The tool is just a prototype tool and we only made 1 so it is not expensive but the boss is not happy about it. I know it is easy to point fingers at the engineering but I am still the project manager and have to take responsibilities. Base on your MNC experience, what do you think we could do to avoid such a problem in future?