Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Job Offer Advise
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. Was recently offered a job at a quasi-govt company and I verbally agreed to the offer. $3000 base pay. Received the Letter of appointment today and was told to sign and return by 10 May.

2. Also received a call from a govt company today for interview on 10 May. From what I know govt companies pay more for fresh grads because of the MX scheme and so I am in a dilemma, of whether to go for the interview.

3. If I go for the interview and am offered, is it against the law to back out of the quasi-govt company even though I have signed? The contract does not seem to have any legally binding clause but just asking in case.

Please help a confused fresh grad out!
Dear fresh grad, is the quasi-govt company a GLC? GLCs do not pay well at all. I learnt this the hard way. I joined a GLC as a fresh grad with S$3k pay. Left after 2 yrs+ and joined another GLC. My experience in both GLCs are that the pay and increment are low. I am jumping out from my GLC soon.

Please go for the interview at the government. Do not worry too much about backing out of an offer. It happens more commonly than you think.