Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Default just ranting

I just want to say.. its nice reading everything on this forum and knowing Im not the only feeling a certain way towards the system.
Dont get me wrong, I love teaching, its very rewarding. In fact seeing the students become what I look forward to the most in any working day (sometimes, not when they piss me off).
But the way the system is.. I believe i dont need to say more right?? Everyone here understands.
My contract ended in april this year, so did my battery (my mental health and motivation to work etc). The endless admin work.. unappreciative parents .. useless meeting .. not to mention millions of other small things (that I cant even think of right now because theres just SO MANY OF THEM).
To be honest. no amount of pay can justify the amount of physical and emotional burden being placed onto teachers. Its really not healthy lah.
Everyday I think of leaving the service, because if the passion is teaching, moe is not the only choice right? Just feeling quite meh, this is how they drive teachers away from the service!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app