Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not OP but from your reply my initial impression is that you aren’t in the industry.

Generally trainees in each year (and Assocs/SA) more or less know/are able to identify each other so it’s not that difficult to realise the retention rates of the firm of interest/general % of each retention rate across the big/mid/small firms.

I take it OP is a probably a student worrying about TC. My advice is worry less about retention rate but more on substantial work you are in control of both during and outside TC.
Your impression is wrong.

I am telling OP to narrow his query and be more specific. He did not identify which category of firm (small/mid/big). It is extremely difficult to answer a vague query.

The fact that people know each other is a non-starter. Is he asking in general? In general, no, he is not going to get retained. COVID-19. Jobs are shrinking.

If it is SPECIFIC. Yes, odds are he will get retained at some firms and some practice areas.

You're at an international tie-up? No, you're not retained, the global outlook is bad. Mid size SG? Depends. Small? Depends. Big 4? Probably.

Corp? No. Liti? Probably, but also depends on the area. The following practice areas are likely to retain: Restructuring and insolvency. Banking. Crime. Family law.