Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2021, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol. My plan is to pursue a science degree followed by postgraduate medicine. Thanks for being so “encouraging” with your words. If the healthcare system is full of people like you who look down on others, I understand why people find it so toxic. Also, no. Money, status, and fame were never on my reasons of why medicine. On the other hand, there are many people I know with 90RP who go into medicine purely for the money, and of course, our universities accept them.

I just wanted to find out the current situation of the medical field in Singapore. The percentage of doctors who apply year after year to the specialties they want to no avail, or maybe a rough number. What do they end up doing?
Get off your high horse. Given what you said you're likely just after status, fame, money which other doctors has already pointed out is in decline. If you're really altruistic you could consider being a medical social worker, or if you die die want to be surgeon apply to the thousands of medical schools in Malaysia and work as a surgeon there.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app