Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2021, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
exactly, everyone thinks Drs earn alot when they actually dont. for the same number of hours worked, lawyer banker consulting earn 2x or even 3x

i look at doctors with pity haha
assoc con 20k/per month? what bull
my brother is a consultant at ttsh dont even get 20k, what more an assoc con
Supply and demand. There are so many ignorant people still want to be drs and their parents also want their children to be drs. Don't know the reality. And who would want to expose the reality? Drs? They want their pride. Government? They want to keep the myth going. So more suckers still want to be drs. Meanwhile they make tweaks to the system to make healthcare cheaper and affordable at the expense of doctors. The sweet spot is to pay the doctors well enough such that it isn't exactly low but yet not enough that they can work very hard for 5-10 years and then retire rich enough. make them work till they die. Also if it pays well enough they find it hard to justify switching careers after all the hard work put in. Dont be stupid and fall for this trap. I know many drs will not advise their children to take up medicine because they know the truth. As we go into the coming decades I see the trend continuing. Salaries of doctors will fall behind inflation.