Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2021, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol. My plan is to pursue a science degree followed by postgraduate medicine. Thanks for being so “encouraging” with your words. If the healthcare system is full of people like you who look down on others, I understand why people find it so toxic. Also, no. Money, status, and fame were never on my reasons of why medicine. On the other hand, there are many people I know with 90RP who go into medicine purely for the money, and of course, our universities accept them.

I just wanted to find out the current situation of the medical field in Singapore. The percentage of doctors who apply year after year to the specialties they want to no avail, or maybe a rough number. What do they end up doing?
Medical field is filled with egoistic arrogant snobs. Toxic work environments. All young drs in local system are bonded. ie trapped. For your own good, best you stay away from medicine. To answer your question those who cannot they end up being GPs or Medical Aestheticians. Very few will choose to do something totally non medical because so much time and effort has been invested to become a doctor. "So wasted if dont be dr".
Do you really want to be trapped like that?