Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 14-04-2021, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Honestly - if I learned anything from my experience thus far - is that where you start doesn’t determine where you end tbh.

I mean I went to private uni and only expected 3k but will be drawing close to 5k when I graduate. So really, who knows what the future holds? I may screw up and lose to someone who started at 3k in the future.

P.S. Not aiming for the gold award though. Been just chilling and lazing around (getting complacent lmao) ever since I got an offer (not a good thing I know haha).
indeed. be humble and more accomodating - over the years ive have seen many ppl disillusioned by their own abilities, blinded by their own ego and in the end self-detonated their own careers (am in banking).

tbh, my personal take to all UOL peeps here- paper qual does matter for a start and certainly remains so even in your mid to late career stage, but of coz w/ varying degrees depending on the line of work. the stigma is there for sure as a DL grad and there's no denying it. To overcome it and climb the ladder is never easy but not impossible. Dont be too hard up about chasing the clouds... take care of your health and your loved ones... Hardwork, humility and luck all r equally impt(unless u born w golden spoon then ok la np)!