Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - What are the valid and good reasons to give for leaving ex company during job
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
What are the good and valid reasons that you can give during job interview when they ask you why you want to leave your ex job?

If you want to give the standard reasons such as looking for better prospects, this reason only works if you are still in the job and going for job interview and you also work at least 1 year in the job.

If you only work 6 months in the job than you resign and try to find a new job, saying you are looking for better prospects is confirm nonsense especially if the new job offer you a lower salary.

What are the valid and true reasons that you can give during job interview?

These reasons can anot?

A. My manager always give unclear instructions. For eg, she draw out a organisation chart. She ask me follow it and do it using excel. After I follow her instruction, she ask me do you think this is presentable, than she ask me to google for some samples to follow.

B. Manager like to macro manage. She will say in my email I cannot write sentences such as refer to attach, attach is your requested document etc. This is too informal. She will give me a timetable everyday to follow, such as 9am to 10am do task A, 10am to 12pm do task B, 12pm to 1pm go lunch. 1pm to 2pm do task C etc
the job has no challenge and no prospect. just be frank. the more important thing is to show you believe in the role you are applying and have the capability to excel in it.