Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, i'm the "in finance;non-FO" guy.

my total years of exp is that of a typical sporean male who served ns and went on to complete 3yrs of U studies.. less than 10yrs for obvious reason since im only in my early 30s haha.
when i started out years ago in another bank as a contractor n my starting pay was not all that fantastic.. about $2.4k all in per mth. all my lunches were the $2.30 cai png at the old golden shoe complex in order to manage my finances haha. to date im still eating cai png so not much have changed lol.
i moved around diff banks few times over the years, and each move would be at least 20% upwards. Most of the hiring bosses werr my ex bosses and/or snr ex-colleagues so i didnt really have to bargain much... of coz over the years (pre covid) there were also few times i had more than 10-15% adjustment internally as part of the yr end reviews...

anw i dont know if my situation is indeed 'very good' becoz in my professional circle there quite many around my age grp doing way better than me. that said, im contented w what i have considered i came/grew up in a really poor family, and will continue to strive for better career prospects for myself haha (and for my family as well)
From 2.4k to 12k pm in less than 10 years, that is pretty incredible. Congrats.