Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

hi, i'm the "in finance;non-FO" guy.

my total years of exp is that of a typical sporean male who served ns and went on to complete 3yrs of U studies.. less than 10yrs for obvious reason since im only in my early 30s haha.
when i started out years ago in another bank as a contractor n my starting pay was not all that fantastic.. about $2.4k all in per mth. all my lunches were the $2.30 cai png at the old golden shoe complex in order to manage my finances haha. to date im still eating cai png so not much have changed lol.
i moved around diff banks few times over the years, and each move would be at least 20% upwards. Most of the hiring bosses werr my ex bosses and/or snr ex-colleagues so i didnt really have to bargain much... of coz over the years (pre covid) there were also few times i had more than 10-15% adjustment internally as part of the yr end reviews...

anw i dont know if my situation is indeed 'very good' becoz in my professional circle there quite many around my age grp doing way better than me. that said, im contented w what i have considered i came/grew up in a really poor family, and will continue to strive for better career prospects for myself haha (and for my family as well)