Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
great to see many sharing their experience.
im in my early 30s, still single and bought a hdb jointly with one of my sibling. parents staying with us and do not have a house under their name... prefer not to share too much about it...
i currently earn about base annual 145k before any bonuses. even if there are, probably just 1 to 2.5mths on average. i save about 50% of my take home pay on average... and at times when im really giam i can save up to 70% of it. majority of my expenses come from supporting my parents medical expenses/ daily neccessities/ paying my maid- all these are shared with my other sibling. most of my makan r just at kopitiam n hawker, and ocasional indulgence at mcdonalds lol.
have also bought a brand new japanese car to ferry my folks around. even after factor in car costs i can still save within the range of 50-60% ( i spent 80% of my free time at home).

i have a really low risk appetite for invmt... chugged away a small portion of my savings in roboadvisors and plan to DCA into it for at least the next 5-10yrs.
i believe there is still plenty of room to grow my earning capability (in finance; non-FO) and also have plans to settle down in the coming yrs (hopefully can find the right one).

maybe its part of getting old recently im getting more worried about my retirement... the average retirement age in my line of work is abt 57... how do u all 'ration' yr monies post retirement? esp if u got insurance prem that wld last till around 75-80
May I ask how much exp do you have? 12k pm in early 30s is great.