Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's so hardcore, you should be really proud of yourself! I work in the public sector haha, somedays its more politics than technology. Its a really "comfy" job but it makes you numb and robotic and it really just lacks a human touch for me. If i didn't decide on medicine, my other choice was psychology. Just something that feels more...human. And actually i heard can apply for foreign residency easily but in a european country not on the list of recognised med schools haha. Countries like Belgium France Germany and Netherlands are still open to foreigners if you're ever interested! My friend (an engineer) moved there already. But i mean singapore probably has a better life standard?
Those schools requires u speak their local language.
Sg not necessarily better standard of life la. In sg u run the rat race. Monday to sat u grind at work. Go with Ur spouse to some of her friend house warming parties during weekend and she starts to show u brochure of new EC...zzz.
My time in auzzies v nice lei.
I go home 5pm see parents teaching their kids how to pitch baseball.
Once I work as a pizza delivery guy and went deep into the ang mo suburbs. Very nice one, evening time cul de sac ang mo kids play. Sometime hot ang mo babes open door for pizza. Slurps. Haha.

Work liao got money and leisure weekend I drive into the hilly regions and stroll. Autumn time falling leaves very nice. Far distance another guy walking his dog will wave back at you.

Sg is where I grew up. If parents not old and I found an auzzies girl, I would have stay there.