Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which engeinnering field u work?
Mine was MNC so supervisor all engineer right up to technical manager, so alinged la.

My parents no money. So I blew 200k , even took 80 peg grant from government. I graduate with 300 bucks in my bank account. First month at work I pack lunch , till first pay check of 5k AUD comes in then I eat the 8.9 meal at canteen.
But I work in Australia 1 year and some. Ahah, I save up 90k AUD in just 1 year of work plus got superannuation of 12k which grew to 18k. Covid time I plonk some into the stock market and return a handsome profit. My classmate who return to sg got 3.6k starting pay which becomes 3.2 after cpf. Annual cash in hand haven't hit 40k.

If u not old, I suggest u try apply auzzies pr, then apply. Back then, I apply pr and said waiting time was 2 years so I enrolled as international student. 3 mths into school my pr came. Half a mind to quit school and re enroll again, but overall will waste 2 years so didn't do so.
That's so hardcore, you should be really proud of yourself! I work in the public sector haha, somedays its more politics than technology. Its a really "comfy" job but it makes you numb and robotic and it really just lacks a human touch for me. If i didn't decide on medicine, my other choice was psychology. Just something that feels more...human. And actually i heard can apply for foreign residency easily but in a european country not on the list of recognised med schools haha. Countries like Belgium France Germany and Netherlands are still open to foreigners if you're ever interested! My friend (an engineer) moved there already. But i mean singapore probably has a better life standard?