Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chua View Post
Does ST put a lot of emphasis on paper qualifications? A headhunting agency called me up for a job 2 weeks ago about an assistant engineer/senior tech position. I hope I did the right thing by listening to my friend to decline the agency. I am already engineer 2 in a MNC.

My friend told me that he responded to an agency's invitation and went for an interview in ST about 4 years ago. He is about 10 years older than me and I know he has more than 10 years of experience currently managing projects in many parts of the world. He was promoted to a program manager in another american MNC like last year during COVID and he is certified PMP but he only has a diploma. But he was only offered a position of an assistant engineer and the interviewer even got confused because he could not get over the part of a diploma holder being a project manager. But he did say that the interviewer was respectful though.
Currently how much is your PMP diploma friend paid in the MNC?
To ST, someone with diploma will be offered a base position of an assistant engineer, with a pay grade E4. E4 max pay scale in current scheme is around $4200 max.

Note that fresh degree grad ZERO exp start at E5, maybe 4k.