Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much $ do you give your parents every month?
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Angry Paying In Laws

My hubby gives around SGD750 a mth to both parents whom are in Malaysia (Which translates to abt RM1800.00). They are still not satisfied and keep asking for more! I'm very fed up with their attitude.

I'm a stayhome mom, 2 school going kids. We still have to pay for our HDB, kids tuitions and enrichments and our own livelihood. Why are they so ungrateful? My FIL likes to gamble, thus treats us like ATM, ask us to send $$ when ever he needs. We had just settled a huge medical bil for him (he almost died) but he continues his gambling habits.

I really don't know what to do. I feel like elling them off but I don't want my hubby to be sanwiched btwn his wife and parents!

They have a younger son whom also contributes to them but not very regular.

What do you think I should do? Or am I over reacting? I'm worried for my kids education.. plus this has given a lot of stress to my hubby. He works 2 jobs to try to make more so that he can give them more! I'm afraid his health will be compromised. Why are they so inconsiderate?