Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much $ do you give your parents every month?
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyplane View Post
this is a true scenario for many singaporeans. being a parent myself,i am worried i may end up in a similiar situation. However, i was glad to hear a fellow more senior grandparent relate this insight to me that once u paid for their education, the rest is really up to them. as for the rest of your wealth, give to the next generation ie setup your trustfund to give to grandchildren instead. eg education cost of grandchildren.

also , if u have really alot do the warren buffet thing or the bill gates which to give their wealth to a cause. by doing so, u can still teach your children and your children childrens the values you hold dear.
If you already have a lot, please snowball it and have more, trust funds and tons of related companies, multiple holding companies are good for diversification of taxation and legal risks. As for values to hold dear, I advocate always think of yourself first, and keep low profile to prevent parasites from leeching.

Politics (positions of power), money and health are all one's needs, love...filiai piety etc are nothing but concepts and emotions easy for manipulation.