Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
not a lawyer, but have friends in law school - some of my friends really enjoy it and don't even seem to be working that hard. meanwhile i read about people in NUS CS coding 10 hours a day and having sleepless nights. end up their results also don't match the amt of effort.

if my law sch friends' insta stories are accurate, they are definitely not studying for 10 hours a day
There’s a diff skill set for law students and lawyers imho. Not so much about the raw academic you’d associate with during say JC days (although still there la a lot of readings, precedent etc but once you get used to reading cases it’s honestly muscle memory), but more about the soft skill of comprehension and critical analysis. That’s why practice ppl always say use common sense, the answer is usually there in ur face. Apart from that then is client facing work which is just being a likeable and eloquent person in general.

That’s why I personally feel law as a profession is way easier than the other professional careers.