Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I do not have a degree and did not regret not getting one after stopping at Poly Diploma, for I know I'm not of the material for studying. Been changing jobs a couple of times in Engineering before finally ended up working offshore on semi subs as a hydraulic technician. It's not as safe as working in the offices of big four or other companies, I have to admit. But it pays and I'm drawing US$13.5K with 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off. It allows me to pursue some personal interests during my off days, which is the thing that attracts me to this industry. And yes, they do pay during my off day if you ask, albeit a couple of thousand bucks lower for not having to face the risks of working offshore.
-what is offshore on semi subs ? What company you from if dun mind mention?

-do you mean your salary is = US$13500/month (SG$17000/month) for alternate 4weeks work 4weeks off.....(i assume is same as work 1 month, OFF 1 month)

-do you mean that even on your 4weeks OFF, you still get paid about US$9000-11000/mth(as you mention couple of thousand bucks lower).

-mean your annual salary = 6 x US$13500(WORK) + 6 x US$10000(OFF) = about SG$178000

-does your job give you bonus?

-how long do you work per day if not on OFF, how many hours?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you need to serve reservist/ICT?

If your ICT happen to on the period when you are at OFFSHORE, what will happen? Can return to SG to serve ICT if cannot defer? Can claim MUP?