Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 06:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Really amusing to see how naive some of the posts are, and how on the other extreme we have the smart alec (behave as if they know it all).

Anyway for what it is worth, the truth is young law graduates will always be extremely optimistic, given that they have not been poured cold water on by the truths of legal practice.
Ppl who have been in law long enough will know that only a select few really make it to the top. For every one person at the top, many would have been eliminated in the process.
It’s not like medicine where after 5 years most dudes/gals from the same batch are still in practice.

You hear of lawyers becoming hawkers, chefs etc.
Do you hear the same thing for the doctors? No
ya because doctors still stuck in residency for the next 10years.

You diss the 'smart-alecs', yet I can literally feel your arrogance through my screen.

Your definition of 'top' is extremely narrowly defined. There are countless ways for a lawyer to excel that are not within the legal rankings, or even in the legal industry at all.

Giving credit where credit is due, lawyers or perhaps most professional salarymen do indeed get jaded. Not because there isn't much growth, but simply because they are sick and tired of their job.

Those that aren't are the ones that have a certain degree of passion in the industry and thus naturally will climb the ranks. Or they just bite the bullet and say fk it might as well, since I've came so far.