Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone. Im currently in healthcare admin with one of the govt hospital but feel like no progression because dept so small and if the old bird dont go, you also cannot rise. Thinking of whether to take on govt job MX11/12 but like you all mention, mostly contract basis.

Is it wise to give up perm job with no progression and take a govt job on contract basis?

In terms of bonus, I would assume healthcare pays more given covid19 situation. But then long term wise, no/slow progression also quite crappy.
I would say go for it.. I'm in healthcare industry too (allied health). I don't think healthcare pays more bonus (at least my bonuses pre and post covid remains about the same) , I would think civil service still pays more, they have higher PB and AVC (I don't think hospital pays this), salary increment also seems higher (ours only $100 plus yearly increment, so pathetic!).

There is also not much incentive to jump ship to other hospitals as HR practise this policy of no pay increment if jumping ship from one hospital to another. So the only way for us healthcare workers to get a higher pay is to get out of the industry or go private hospitals (but not necessary the case of higher salary, it depends).