Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much $ do you give your parents every month?
View Single Post
Old 17-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I'm surprised that people can give >20% of take home salary to parents. My current pay is quite low and my HDB is coming in 3 years time. More than half of my salary goes to house and after deducting the necessary expenses and allowance, I'm only left with $260 to save a month. I mean, when people gave so much to parents, how do they save for their future where everything is so expensive?
You better start saving, do some investments or do something to get that coveted promotion and salary increment my friend.

Because once you have a baby, you will be working your ass off. You will be working on weekends (if your company allows to do OT on weekends) just to make ends meet. That's what i"m observing right now.

I assume you just got married or getting married soon. I assume that because you mentioned "my HDB is coming in 3 years time". Most of my friends who just got married or getting married keep saying that their HDB is coming in 3-4 years time. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app