Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Decision Making, Please Advice.
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 02:51 PM

vision is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
TS problem is not about maritime pay or the course he is taking, the deeper issue is that now he is an adult studying uni and still acting like a 12 year old kid. With this kind of mentality, study what also end up the same lar.

Look at the sequence you know already

1) Signs up for maritme course in poly because Uncle say got good pay, didn't even bother to ask what is good pay and what co. and jobs are there. <-- Complete idiocy, but maybe can cut some slack because still young that time

2) Complains the course is "some rotten apple which looks nice on the outside" Complains about the people in the same class etc etc <-- WTF was that for? If he really so hate the course and the people, how come dun transfer out within 6 months or a year?

3) After lambasting how bad the maritime course is in poly, proceeds to sign up for the same course in NTU because "this is the most relevant" <-- Again WTF is this moronic rationale?

4) Proceeds again to complain how NTU course is a repeat of what he learn in poly <-- I don't believe that. Based on experience there is significant gap b/w a degree and diploma course, maybe first few intro modules got overlap, but definitely not the entire course itself is a overlap with poly.

5) Now say cannot take course that have to do with Maths, Science or Engineering because lost touch <-- Complete BS, lost touch cannot brush up har? Or isit too lazy?

End result is he can either stay in the current course and bitch about it daily or change to some boliao degree like Social Science or General non-finance Business Admin. Come out maybe can take some general admin or sales jobs, but like I say the jobs not the problem, with this kind of childish attitude, go where do what will also fail.
Hey Unregistered, I appreciate your honest input with regards to this topic. I admit i am "childish" in a manner where i don't know what is my direction.

However i believe you didn't bother to check out the facts before you start shooting people down over here. Maybe you had a bad day, or you just need to vent your frustrations or whatsoever. I have no say over that but i will advice you not judge people on whether will they "fail" or not so quickly.

I believe different people have different approach. Maybe from your perspective, i am a "failure". Perhaps this is the way you put your point across or even, you could be sharing your personal experience! But I will like to see myself in the process of finding my direction, thus seeking inputs from the more experienced netizens out here.

I thank you once again for taking time off, and your effort replying to my thread.