Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Will you leave your present job?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 12:40 PM

1973 is on a distinguished road

I am asking the question because there is no definite answer and I want to hear different perspective of what $1.5 millions mean, what a job means and what is life about.

The problem is that $1.5 millions isn't little but it is not really quite alot. Many average professional who make 100k annually can easily make that amount before they reach 50 years old. Another problem is that although I have some experience in investing, I know that it is not 100% guarantee. It is well possible that I may not make a single cents in the next 2 years.

The good thing about my job is that it has provided me with a safe stable income all these years while I work on investment. The problem with this job is that over the years, it start to get more demanding. Moreover, like what I have said, it is not a highly respected job. Actually, it is getting abit unbearable for me. That is why I am considering quiting this job for full time investment.

Maybe, in six months time, I may have 2.5 millions. Then the answer will be more straight forward.