Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Will you leave your present job?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 07:56 PM

1973 is on a distinguished road

Thanks J for your kind suggestion.

As the saying goes, when there is great uncertainty, there is great opportunity. I think I see great opportunity within the uncertainty that even Tony Tan capitalised on for his presidential election theme.

There is always a bull market somewhere...

Basically, I am pondering if the job is worth keeping not so much of the steady income. To some of you, a job may be something one can focus on? Or is a representation of status? For my case, I do not think my job represents any social status. Or for some people, the job may be a mean for achieving self satisfaction.

I don't know about any full time investment career in an investment firms...Like what you say, I don't even have the papers. Who want to hire me? What I have in mind is private investment with my own money.

Property is just an idea to diversify some of my wealth. I am not willing to keep too much cash in bank or to investment all of them in stocks. Basically, a million dollars free hold condo at a good location can fetch a 3.5-4k monthly rental. Portion of the money that I do not want to take risk can be in the property.

Last edited by 1973; 04-09-2011 at 08:00 PM.