Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sign on for 6 years, got a part time private degree.

3 years in private company. Took a pay cut and came in to CS at 31 with (MX12) 4.2k++.
Seems like my regular years was not counted eventho there are lots of similarity on what I do right now.

Currently after 1 year is 4.5k. Looking at 4.7k after confirmation in another few months and 4.8k after prorate increment to align to CS next year march. I am just a farmer.

My site abit unique due to it being very small.
1) Increment seems to be a whole number instead of by percentage.
2) Performance bonus so far my 1 year quantum is 1.3 month which is damn low taking into consideration mid year and year end have nothing for last year.
3) Was told promotion take about 8years or more.
4) Was told by direct boss and colleagues who have been around for 4-10 years, that everyone will get grading C no matter how well or bad you do unless it is time for promotion.
5) Was told they do not do cross posting. So if I want to do other post, I have to look at other ministries.

Are these across most CS or just my site? If it's just my site I think it's time I look elsewhere.

HR just told me I am recommended for confirmation and emplacement and thus am considering.
Brother, what more do you expect joining CS with a private degree? Your trajectory seems about right for your profile. Should go back to private sector if you want to cheong.