Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

I will be doing my TC at a small firm in SG next year. The thing is, I am living on my own in SG and renting my own place (family went back to Malaysia), which is not cheap. I have emergency funds but it's not a lot. I'm trying to plan my finances so I don't run out of money, since expenses > income during the TC period.

Can someone give me a rough idea of how long the TC+call break period lasts? TC is for six months and then there's a month-long call break? How come some people on Linkedin appear to have a TC period that is longer than six months? Is it safe to say that the maximum is say 7 months for TC and 6 weeks for call break (to account for unexpected situations), after which, even if I am only a Legal Exec, my pay will be at least 2k plus a month? Of course this assumes I am retained. If I am not retained, will have to find another Assoc position elsewhere.

How hard would it be to work a part-time job on weekends during my TC, or should i not consider this at all unless I am really hard-pressed for money? Would working on weekends be too tiring?