Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 26 no degree is all hope lost? private degree holders advice needed please
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2021, 03:45 AM
Verified Member

fhoneys is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As you can see from the trolls, this is probably not the best place to turn to for advice. I'd suggest looking at the SGUnited portal for traineeships. These were introduced specifically for people in your situation. The payscale is ****, for sure - but its better than not having a job.

Right not, i don't think you should be considering another degree (think about the additional expenditure and time lost). The truth of the matter is that you don't seem to know what you want to do. This is not a criticism - many people don't. So it may be better to take on a traineeship or internship in an area of your interest to see if (1) you have what it takes to succeed in that area of interest and (2) Whether you really need that degree to progress in that area of interest (3) Whether the degree is worth it (What's the ROI?).

Finally, the govt has been really good with career advice in recent years. There are many organizations which offer free career advice to people like you. There's e2i. There's WSG Careers Connect. ect ect ect. You get the point.

hey, yeah i figured. not very sure where else to go for such advice. my family is all in the government and local uni grads. i wish there was a forum of privately educated grads because its so hard to find a conversation that is actually positive and constructive about this.
and yes youre right about the lack of specific direction im definitely working on figuring out what i want in my personal development.
oh yes! the traineeships and such are my option number 2. this has been really helpful im super grateful! thank you so much. stay safe