Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm in my final-year at NUS, 2:2. Have been offered a TC at a small corporate firm, but it is unpaid. Been applying to other firms with no reply. I know it's a pretty raw deal and I will be negotiating for a basic allowance.
My end goal is just use this to get qualified and then move in-house. I do have savings and side hustles that I can subsist on over the TC period.

Assuming the offer doesn't improve + I don't get other corporate offers, is it justified or is the market for 2:2 corp firms better than this? .
Agreed just keep trying for other firms first! Know that you have worth and don't let this rubbish firm take advantage of you. Find a firm that appreciates you.

Trust me, if you accept this unpaid TC, you will regret it during your training period. When you are toiling away for the firm on late nights, you will grow to resent the firm for exploiting you. Also, you would be indirectly condoning the firm's unethical practice of exploiting trainees as free labour and spoiling the market for ur juniors.