Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - OCBC Graduate Talent Programme 2019 (Previously Young Banker)
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 06:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lai give u my pov. ocbc, just like all local banks, is a dumping ground for those who cmi into foreign banks (not even talking about BBs, even shops like HSBC, SCB).

happy not? don’t triggered pls i know ocbc no prestige
I think there's no need to use such harsh words. But in general yes the BBs are top industry players and even the likes of StanChart, Citi and HSBC offer more and better opportunities than the local banks. The local banks are highly focused on the domestic market while international banks give you more well-rounded, diverse exposure. In the pre-Covid era, you often had the opportunity to go on overseas business trips if you worked in an international bank. In the three local banks, hardly. This will probably be the case post-Covid as well. The more important issue imo is salary. BB pay is sick and even international banks pay better than local banks. Progression is better as well. Although local banks are better for job stability and are excellent to retire in.