Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Property Prices Have Crashed (see graph)
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Verified Member

xtrasaver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The best instrument to effect this strategy, provided you really like the stock and are comfortable buying it over 1 year, is the accumulater (also dubbed "i kill u later" by disillusioned investors). It's a good instrument if applied selectively.

But personally, as long as the European debt crisis stays unresolved, I'd like to stay cash heavy. The effect of the Lehman crisis was a massive transfer of leverage from private sector to public sector (from govt bailing out their financial institutions).

The public debt saga we are seeing now has not fully played out yet. We've only seen nibbling at the edges of the problem ie central banks agreeing to support Italy and spain by buying their bonds. The fundamental problem of high debt to gdp, persistent deficits, has not been solved. And there is no simple answer, as Italy and Spain's economies are stagnant and there is little political will to raise taxes un a democracy.

So we are still operating in pretty choppy waters, and I'd be careful.
given the repeated saga we have been witnessing, could it be a chance that the things we are seeing and hearing are as according to what the policticans want us to see and hear? ie, things are actually not so bad, but are magnified by media upon influenced or instructed by the interest-vested ones.

After all, the officials at the eye of the euro crsis would want things to play in their way and why should the crisis spread? It's in no one's interests, particularly, theirs.