Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Dillema: University of Melbourne vs SIM UOL
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2021, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubhuman_Sigger View Post
Due to the covid situation, I will study online from Singapore in 2021. Most likely, I will fly over there 2022 to complete the degree.

Forgot to mention that money isn't an issue, so the fact that I'm technically getting ripped off by paying 40k a year for zoom tutorials doesn't bother me. All I care about is the recognition of the end cert.

In this sense, how does a Melbourne degree compare to a SIM UOL degree? I am aware that Australian unis are generally looked down upon in SG due to their ease of entry. But there should be no confusing UniMelb as a DL degree - RMIT is the Victorian university partnered with SIM, not University of Melbourne.
Generally, there is no distinction between an Australian on campus degree and private degree (Kaplan, MDIS, SIM) provided in Singapore. Go study in Australia for PR opportunities, or if you wanna work outside of Singapore. Otherwise save your money and go down the private route, because your Melbourne degree will be considered the same tier as private degree. ROI not there.