Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2021, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I have benefited a lot from this forum (to understand the hiring process) and would like to give back to the community by providing an updated version of the full timeline for applying for a DXO position during the covid period (phase 2).

Disclaimer: This is for an entry-level or fresh grad job. What I have experienced may or may not be the standard procedures but I hope this will help.

T-0wk Applied via DXO website, a few days later received email to upload documents and also to state my expected salary and whether is it negotiable.

T-4wks Received an invitation for video interview via WebEx with the hiring managers, HR manager and HR Assistant Director.

T-5wks Received invitation to go down for site preview (went more than 1 as there are multiple hiring managers, so I went to multiple camps). Site preview is basically a second round of interview whereby its face to face. And also they will show you the remaining job scopes/descriptions that are not posted on the job portals due to security issues. You will also get to see your future colleagues and your work station/desk. During the site preview, I received a verbal offer from the hiring manager.

T-6wks Received phone call from HR with regards to the verbal offer and the rough salary that they will be offering. They also send me instructions to submit medical declarations (no medical checkups) to CMPB and photo taking (I think security clearance starts here too).

T-7wks Went down to CMPB to submit medical declaration and took a photo for my DXO role.

T-9wks Received phone call from HR to give you the final approved salary. And also let you know that they are still pending management approval for hiring you and security clearance.

T-11wks Received phone call that all necessary approvals and security clearance is done, re-confirmed with me the salary package. They also asked you on your earliest start date. And they will then send you an official offer email (with your official start date) to ask you to head down to cmpb to sign the contract. You will have to bring along the necessary documents that they indicated in the email.

I hope this post helps the folks that are currently trying to apply for a DXO position during this pandemic and also to share that there are certain key changes such as no psychometric test and no medical checkups during the entire recruitment duration. However, as per the disclaimer I am unsure if that is the case for every position that are being advertised. And also since now is phase 3, I am not sure if certain of the changes have been reverted back to the old system.
Hi, thanks for the detailed sharing. Mind to share if you’re from local U?