Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2021, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

What committee work or CCA are you managing besides teaching? Are you the main I/C? In that case, you should have a 2IC to cover your duties. Or are you just an ordinary member of the committee or CCA? Then your IC or another member would help you to cover. Don't have to be too concerned about filling in your EPMS - I'm sure you would have planned stuff in advance such that other people can cover for you right? You can write down how you have done the planning etc. It's like in 2020, where most events were cancelled but we were told by our SLs to write down our initial phases of planning.

Or are you concerned by marking? Lol, bo pian, must chiong over the weekend. So my advice to you is to lepak during your reservist. Don't worry about students' learning. In fact they may even learn more e.g. do more self-directed learning in your absence! Don't overestimate your impact on students lol.

And lastly, I've seen VPs who go on reservist lol. I had one VP who was a Corporal and went back to lepak lol. So if senior mgmt can relac, why not you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Original poster here. My students aside, it feels more like my work will get disrupted, and I will have a lot to catch up on the moment I return to work.

As teachers, you would know that long term relief (under different random teachers) doesn't really benefit anyone at all.