Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2021, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, this is a bit of a random question here.

I got an NS ICT call-up in Term 3 and it is a high-key activity (2 weeks). As you all know, Term 3 is an extremely busy period for teachers, and for students it is a critical period since it's nearing their exams, especially for the graduating cohort.

I'm very worried about my students and do not wish to be absent during that period. I don't mind sacrificing my protected time for 2 weeks of reservist instead.

1. What is the likelihood of getting a deferment? If I get the Principal to write and sign a deferment letter, will that increase the chances?

2. I was told before by higher-ups that due to reservist, I will be given extra workload to make up for what I managed to escape, otherwise it is unfair to other colleagues. Is this the same in all schools? Does NS reservist disrupt our career progression?

It would be helpful if you are able to share any similar experiences. Thank you!

Bro, just treat the 2 weeks as a holiday. No one is indispensable in school - don't think that your students need you very much.