Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2021, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most senior I see work few years don't want to write code anymore. Just do project management . Higher pay. Better pay. Better title. And less stress. Then those manage project after few years sian liao

Just be director give vision let other people deal with the management.
University never teach student to be senior management. They teach students to be bottom slaves.

Which is also one of the reason why senior management are not all taken by fch and smart people. Cause they don't have the political and interpersonal skills to accpet high pay and do nothing...

They are brainwashed into thinking if I'm worth 10k I must write code that can compete with Facebook.
End up imposter syndrome.

Poor fresh grad. Waiting for your delusional dream to be crushed by the harsh reality that no company will offer you big bucks to do nothing.

You write the tech etc. The lead that supervise you get the credit and get promoted.
Then you quit out of frustration but can't find your place again.

So just hope from one tech giant to the next tech giant. Always chasing for the elusive dream
I really feel sorry for you for not attending a good university, or have you even attended one before? We do have modules that does with project management.

Even for those module that doesn't have, each group project should have a "leader", thats where the management experience come from. And FYI school don't teach you how to be "SENIOR" management. It just teaches you how to manage developers.