Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2021, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi will like to have some advice if i should take up an offer in one of the ministry.

I applied for a civil service role 7 months ago, which they set an interview 3 months later. Till now i have yet to receive or sign the contract but they have notified me I am finally able to go down next week. I am currently working in a Big 4 advisory for 1.5 years and am up for promotion and a 30% pay increment in July (2nd year associate to 1st year senior). The ministry postion title is the same and 10% lesser than what i will receive if i stay on and it's on a 2 year contract (when i applied they stated permanent)

Work wise is totally different and I dont mind trying something new. I do not see myself staying on in Big 4 for the long term or this particular industry i'm in, but should i wait till july or another 6 months? Which tbh i not sure if i will be enjoying and able to get another offer easily again.

Career progression, stress level , work life balance not sure if its better. Of course if the hiring process didnt take so long, i would have taken the job, but now that im closer to the promotion and increment, the benefits to take the offer now decreases.
The ministry postion title is the same and 10% lesser than what i will receive if i stay on and it's on a 2 year contract : Are you referring to just the monthly or annual package (including bonus)? How much have you been offered by the ministry? We can advise better if you can provide more information information.