Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2021, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Hi will like to have some advice if i should take up an offer in one of the ministry.

I applied for a civil service role 7 months ago, which they set an interview 3 months later. Till now i have yet to receive or sign the contract but they have notified me I am finally able to go down next week. I am currently working in a Big 4 advisory for 1.5 years and am up for promotion and a 30% pay increment in July (2nd year associate to 1st year senior). The ministry postion title is the same and 10% lesser than what i will receive if i stay on and it's on a 2 year contract (when i applied they stated permanent)

Work wise is totally different and I dont mind trying something new. I do not see myself staying on in Big 4 for the long term or this particular industry i'm in, but should i wait till july or another 6 months? Which tbh i not sure if i will be enjoying and able to get another offer easily again.

Career progression, stress level , work life balance not sure if its better. Of course if the hiring process didnt take so long, i would have taken the job, but now that im closer to the promotion and increment, the benefits to take the offer now decreases.