Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2021, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Should I change job?

Initially I though tech job will have projects like 1 to 2 years.
So you can work on 1 project from the start to the end for 2 years.

So you get to prioritise your time and schedule..
But I feel like all my deadline are so tight. Few weeks. Few months. Then this project.
That prokect.

Totally no time to relax.
And when I ask the boss why don't we hire more resources.
He say hire you 3 already use up all the budget...

Hmm he is kinda right. 3 of us is 15k per month. That's 180k per year just to maintain us.
Not sure how govtech can afford so many hundreds of high paid developers.

Maybe my company is too small? Online education company.. Client mostly overseas. High demand now die to covid.

Or should I try govtech? Will they also pay me 5k?
Can I quit if I haven't work for 1 year?
Classic case of SME throwing money to attract talents they can't afford to maintain.

In SME you need many developers cause their scope is broad. Need to do requirement and liaise with clients, do development, maintenance, basically handle everything from start to end. Need many developers. If you hire 3 good ones (no matter how good), they sure burn out cause of lack of clarity and focus of scope.

In big tech companies, they can afford to pay high to attract developers because they have capital. They need to optimize every process. So hiring bar for developers is high also. Since scope is (often) well defined, every developer can be tuned to optimize output. This is how they ensure their investments pay them back.

In this thread we keep seeing people trying to compare SME who are only capable of paying 3k for their developers to big tech firms paying 6-7k. And worse, trying to justify that 6-7k is overpay for today's tech talents & resources...

Yes, 6-7k is overpay if your company is SME, but it is not for today's tech giants. It is like comparing rates from hotel 81 with st. regis...