Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - CSA (Cyber Security Agency)
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2021, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It seems like the general perception about CSA is not good here. One important thing to take note is there are many divisions and departments in CSA so the culture will vary depending on where you ended up in.

My advice is talk to the hiring manager and interviewers, and ask them about their plans, strategy and direction for the team. Also how does their day to day activities look like and whether it excites you.

I have been with CSA for several years and I am happy with where I am at largely due to great bosses and colleagues.

All the best!
I left CSA for sometime, and yes there are good and bad divisions, just like every other companies. The differentiator i see lies in the value of experience gained from this organisation as a regular 9-6 office employee.

As you can tell, middle mgmt are fronted mainly by either mid-career switchers or people with little or no background in cybersecurity. If you are joining at the junior levels, it can actually be detrimental to you career since the guidance provided may not have sufficient depth considered. Positive side to this is trainings are regularly provided, if you get it. In the middle levels , CSA would be a good resting place to have a break from the fast aggressive pace out there in the private industry. Good scenario is when you just had a newborn kid. In the senior levels, perfect place to retire.

Consider asking stakeholders working with CSA what their experiences are to have an accurate picture on the value of joining them.