Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2020, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From the viewpoint of someone who has always been in a GLC, then yes, maybe it's impossible.
Except in the real private sector, 20-40% increment is not uncommon.
A 40-100% increment for a new job isn't uncommon too.
I got the following increments throughout these 6 years, many through job changes.
6% -> 9% -> 6% -> 46% -> 9% -> 16% -> 28% -> 22%
I have a number of peers who are paid much better than me, all in tech roles.

Mocking aside, I'm also trying to highlight the fact that the tech space is still recruiting aggressively.
If you are good enough, there are many companies which can pay good money for your talent.
So if you think you're really good, and severely underpaid, seriously why not get out?
If a fresh grad is getting paid more than you, and you can't do anything to improve the situation, it's simply a market signal that your skill sets are getting irrelevant.
So you can either just whine and complain, or you take some real actions, for the sake of yourself and your family.
Confirm story writer la. I don't even recall how many increment I got 10 years ago.
This guy either keep record of his incremental as bragging rights or its fake la.

Annual average is 5 to 8 %

Your story is you're average background. But you show so high increment with each job
Means you are good at lying.

Lying in one job after another. Then when the lies caught up to you. Quit and find another job.
Show LinkedIn please.